Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do. : Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Another Perspective for Career Developers

Working with unemployed job seekers made me sharply aware that some of them experienced this as a kind of loss, perhaps somewhat akin to bereavement. With this in mind I have been familiarising myself with ways of supporting clients during this experience and I have made some progress. To be entirely forthright, however, what I might well need to be more ready to work with specifically are the client's dramatic feelings of upheaval. This has been called crisis counselling. (And, given one or two of my other interests, I don't know how I could have missed this.) When (and if) I find interesting stuff that seems applicable to career development work I'll pass it on here.

1 comments:

Projetor said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.