Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do. : Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Events of Interest to Career Developers

One of the premier places to learn about events of interest to career developers is the Contact Point page. For reasons explained in YouTube - Video: RSS in Plain English you might prefer to be informed when events are added to this page, so that you don't need to go to the page to see if anything is new. Well, me too, eh. So a while ago I wrote software based on the well-known ScrapeNFeed to provide a news feed based on the Contact Point events page, and now it's available to you in the 'blogroll' listing to the right. Go ahead and subscribe.

On the other hand, if what I've been babbling about means very little to you then why not join us sometime on the weekend of 25 through 27 of this month, April, at knowplace.ca, from noon Pacific Time on the Friday? We will be sharing information and advice of use (we hope!) for teachers and career developers from noobs to nerds. I think you'll be amazed at the interesting stuff that can be made to beach up on your screen. Come and go as you please.

And let me not forget to make a request: please tell me about other Canadian events pages that you know so that I can consider making a composite news feed that includes these pages and the Contact Point events.

0 comments: