Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do. : Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm a slow reader myself ...

This usually means that borrowing from the library is out because I can't read a book in the time allowed. And then there are those fines.

On the other hand I do like books. But buying them can be expensive. Although this is not the usual line of this blog I thought I might mention some sources I have found for used books.

For most of these just follow the link and then enter the information available to you, such as the book title or author.

A libris

Chapters Indigo : In this case you might wish to click on the 'advanced search' link first.

Abe Books

Amazon in Canada : Here you should search for the book that you want then click on the link that mentions 'used & new.'

Recycled Reading

Incidentally I looked for and found Vance Peavy's famous book about constructivist counselling on each of these sites and noticed a great range of prices. As any real shopper would tell you it pays to look around.



And, for those deprived of a familiarity with Blackadder here's a quotation from one of the programmes that explains the title of this blog item. Dr Johnson (Robbie Coltrane), the Great Lexicographer, meets the Prince of Wales (Hugh Laurie), introduced by Blackadder (Rowan Atkinson). Apparently the Prince of Wales was a lot like me.

video

0 comments: