Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do. : Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

If you have clients learning basic English or French ...

... then they could do worse than to try busuu.com. There are language lessons that include spoken words and phrases, and there is the opportunity for social networking. Although some of the facilities are available only to paid members, the free services will be plenty of help to lots of users. (I know ’cause I'm still trying to improve my dreadful French.) In addition, many busuu members with the language skills of native speakers will honour requests from other members who want to exercise and improve their skills in new languages.

Even if you don't have clients who need language training let me mention that, thanks to skype, and sometimes to busuu, I have had the enormous pleasure of meeting and getting to know people from a small variety of places on the planet. You might enjoy that too.

0 comments: