Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do. : Oscar Wilde

Saturday, September 5, 2009

YOU are a business

Apologies for shouting. I'm not the first to make this observation either, right? Nowadays each of us is like a little business. Each of us, like it or not, is responsible for marketing and managing him- or herself as a business enterprise.

In this connection here is the KickStart scorecard, a self-assessment for use by business that was devised by a Canadian marketing agency, MarketingMasters. The value in it for career developers is that it serves as a checklist of the areas that an individual, single-person ‘business’ must consider to be successful.

I couldn’t resist thinking through how the items translate. Can you? Give me your thoughts in the comments, will you? I'll mention what I think in another posting.

Incidentally my thanks are due to fellow twitterer @hjarche who made me aware of the American Express Idea Hub where I found an article by Elizabeth Walker of Marketing Masters.

0 comments: