Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do. : Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Missed Appointments: What Can We Do?

Statistical information about how often clients fail to appear for their appointments is probably lacking. However, given the number of times I hear of it from career people in the trenches I suspect that the rate is higher than we would wish.

Apparently psychiatrists experience similar problems. Today I happened upon an article entitled "Four Steps to Reduce Missed Patient Appointments" in psychiatrictimes.com that offers some remedies for them. Not all are applicable for those of us who work in organisations that make no charge to clients for our services. The other ideas might improve your efficiencies though.

My principal concern has always been that clients who fail to maintain contact will also fail to follow a coherent plan or will become disillusioned. I was heartened to read that Dr Mark Rosenberg should express parallel ideas. We seek to offer a series of services that will get people back into work. Continuity is important.

Let me know what you think! What do you do in your shop to help clients keep their appointments?

1 comments:

find a job said...

I was going to write a similar blog concerning this topic, you beat me to it. You did a nice job! Thanks and well add your rss to come categories on our blogs. Thanks much, Jon B.find a job