Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do. : Oscar Wilde

Friday, January 1, 2010

Learning Styles (Myths of) & Multiple Intelligences (Facts about)


As CDP students at Conestoga College many of us (all of us?) were introduced to Gardner’s theory of Multiple Intelligences as part of one of Rob Straby’s courses. (I was reminded that I am definitely unmusical.)

Here is access to an authoritative recent podcast that discusses some of the misunderstandings about Gardner’s theory, the absence of evidence for learning styles (and the likelihood that none will be uncovered) and Levine’s neurodevelopmental theory.

Very well presented, and good value to career developers, in my opinion

1 comments:

Kevin Matin said...

I can see that you put a lot of hard work on your blog, I’m sure I’d visit here more often.Great job, keep posting interesting articles here. All The Best.
thanks.
International schools in Hyderabad