Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do. : Oscar Wilde

Saturday, October 16, 2010

"Three win economics Nobel ..." (revisited)

I have embarrassed myself yet again.

When I read about the prize that is to be awarded next month, I wrote a blog article in which I concluded that it would be great to reduce the friction in the jobs market based on the results of the research for which the prize is being awarded because I thought this meant that job seekers could get back to work (in suitable jobs) more quickly.

Unfortunately I find that the Nobel Prize web site itself says that one way that friction could be reduced would be to reduce unemployment benefits. Let me just say that I am at all cheerful about the news of this prize like I was at first.

Let us see and want the best in, for and from people. We seek the tools and processes to enable them.

0 comments: