Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do. : Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Scannable Business Cards

A friend, Duane Borden, alerted me to the appearance of a CBC article about the many applications of QR matrix codes this morning. Here's another. Business cards have long been scanned into databases using a variety of techniques. Why not make it easier to connect the business card to the information of your choice? Here's an ugly sample.


I've used the kaywa1 service to make a a QR matrix that encodes my LinkedIn profile page. If I were a job seeker and this were my networking card I could have encoded a link to my portfolio. If I were representing a company I could encode the company's web address.

As pointed out in the CBC article even iPhones today can read these things.

1Thanks to wiretotheear for the pointer to this service.

1 comments:

Mahmood said...

Business cards is the most important element of your visual identity. It's the first thing people see when they meet you.
Plastic Card