- Henri Tajfel's Minimal Groups
- Walter Mischel's Marshmallow Study
- Arden House : Langer and Rodin's 1976 Arden House study.
- Harlow's Monkeys : Harry Harlow's surrogate mothers experiment, which revolutionised parenting.
- The Hawthorne Effect : The 1920s experiment in a Chicago factory that gave rise to the Hawthorne Effect.
- The Pseudo-Patient Study : David Rosenhan's Pseudo-Patient Study.
- The Bobo Doll : Albert Bandura's experiment in 1961 exposed the dangers of imitative behaviour.
- The Heinz Dilemma : Lawrence Kohlberg's experiment to quantify the human capacity for ethical reasoning.
- The Stanford Prison Experiment : When Philip Zimbardo set up a mock prison, he had no idea what he would witness.
- Hans Eysenck : Hans Eysenck's studies of introvert and extrovert personalities.
- Mary Ainsworth : Mary Ainsworth's research on the parent-child relationship.
- John Watson and Little Emotional Albert : Profiles JB Watson, the psychologist considered the father of behaviourism
- Sir Frederic Bartlett – The War of the Ghosts : Memory and the Chinese whispers experiment by Frederic Bartlett.
- Jean Piaget – The Three Mountains : Were Jean Piaget's findings about children's egocentrism are accurate.
- Solomon Asch - Conformity : The conformity experiments of social psychologist, Solomon Asch.
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Archived programmes from the BBC series Mind Changers, hosted by Claudia Hammond:
Posted by Bill Bell at 3/12/2011 07:58:00 PM