Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do. : Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Achieving Goals

Many of the activities involved in career development, perhaps all of them, involve achieving goals. Finding a job obviously involves setting goals but the conscious selection of an occupation will require each of us to see some research and deliberation through to completion, which clearly involves setting and meeting goals.

11 Goal Hacks: How to Achieve Anything summarises ways of thinking and personal disciplines from psychological research that seem to work well. Although I can't claim to be applying all of them myself they appear sound to me. Hack number 10 is an ancient business rule that I was taught long ago in a consultancy. I seem to unearth number 8 and 9 for myself every few weeks.

Numbers 1 to 6 look most valuable to me at the present time and I'm going to post them up here in my office.

0 comments: